Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 2, 2017

PHOTOS - Mega SportPesa Jackpot Winner, Samuel Abisai, 28 Years Old, won Ksh 221M.

Samuel Abisai on Sunday made a historic event by winning the biggest ever jackpot in Africa’s gaming history – Ksh221,301,602 million in last week’s SportPesa Mega Jackpot for correctly predicting the outcomes of 17 games.

Abisai becomes the first Kenyan to win the Mega Jackpot which was started in September 2016 at Sh100 million.

Abisai hails from Kakamega but lives in Nairobi along Thika Road with his younger brother. He said the win was unbelievable but very good news to him and his family which had a rough start in life. "At age six i was already exposed to the harsh life of the streets, pushed by circumstances into hawking paper bags to survive", he said.

“When I was called by the SportPesa CEO Mr. Ronald Karauri in the middle of the night, I was so happy I was standing outside a petrol station jumping up and down so much so, that the boda boda operators who were close by were wondering what was happening,” he recounted.

After carefully following on the outcomes of 15 matches of the Mega Jackpot, Abisai said he started celebrating with friends as he had already reached the threshold for bonus payouts not knowing he will eventually win the top prize.

Abisai said that he mostly plays the Mid week Jackpot and Mega Jackpot games by using Ksh200 to place two Mega Jackpot bets, one of which has earned him Ksh221 million.
“I come from a family of 12 – I have eight sisters and four brothers. My life has not been easy but thankfully at some point I got help from an NGO called Compassion. I will use this win to improve the welfare of my parents and entire family,” said the young Kenyan who speaks fluent Mandarin which he studied at the University of Nairobi and in China.

Abisai had to drop his first choice of studying Economics when he joined Nairobi University despite qualifying for it, to increase his chances of getting a job so that he could help his family get out of poverty.

“When I got to university, I got a packed Economics class and thought that my chances of finding a job would be limited given the number of students. When the university introduced Chinese when I was in my second year, I switched courses,” he explained.

PHOTOS:
During celebrations at his home.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Best Blog, Good work Admin